Franciscan Media honors and respects the privacy of its customers, subscribers, donors, and site visitors. If you have any questions about the operation of our website, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live in love. Grow in faith.
Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Table of Contents:
- What Is Personal Information?
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- Cookies and Our Website
- Your Rights and Choices
- Other Important Information
- Contact Us
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Franciscan Media, LLC, 28 W. Liberty Street.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Ohio, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Franciscan Media, accessible from https://www.franciscanmedia.org/
- You means the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
You may be referred to this policy or shown other privacy notices when you visit our website or when we collect your personal information for other services. The notices supplement this policy. To the extent those statements differ from other parts of the policy, the statements govern in their applicable areas.
This policy does not apply to personal information controlled by a third party that we process only as a contracted service provider to that third party under applicable law. If you have a relationship with a third-party organization that you believe is our partner, please consult that third party’s privacy policies.
2. What Is Personal Information?
Laws in different areas may define “personal information” differently. But generally, your “personal information” includes your unique identifiers (full name, phone number, email address, etc.); and information about your characteristics, conditions or behavior that is associated with one of your identifiers or could reasonably be linked to you.
“Non-personal information,” on the other hand, has been aggregated, anonymized or de-identified so that it cannot reasonably be linked to an individual.
3. Personal Information We Collect
3.1 Information You Provide To Us
We may collect some or all of the categories listed below when you fill out a form on our website; subscribe to one of our newsletters; subscribe to a publication, purchase items or services; introduce yourself to one of our representatives; or contact us with questions or feedback:
Contact information (full name, address, email address, phone number)
Content in your comments, posts or communications (for example, interests you express to us about different services)
If you decline to provide requested information, we may not be able to provide one or more services to you, or you may not receive access to certain features of a service.
3.2 Information We Log Automatically Online
Like most internet services, our website gathers and logs some data about visitors automatically in order to provide a requested service, identify users, customize the user experience, or understand how the site is being used (“Log Data”). Log Data collected may include the following:
Online identifiers (IP address, device ID, previously set cookies and related data)
Device or system information (operating system, browser type)
Online activity (the name of the site you were on before navigating to our site, other browsing history)
Site activity and usage data (particular pages you visit on our site and how you interact with them)
Some Log Data is collected through the use of “cookies” or similar tracking technologies, which are explained here.
4. How we use Personal Information
We may use your personal information:
|How we use Personal Information
|Example of Categories Used
|How We Use Personal Information
|To process your orders.
|To process your donations.
|To subscribe to our content.
|To service your account with us.
|To provide and maintain service with us.
|To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events. Unless you have opted not to receive such information.
|To provide any other services you have requested.
|To contact you regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
|To detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies, threaten security, or may be fraudulent or illegal.
|Comply with other legal obligations.
|For business transfers we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal data held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred.
|To fulfill any other purposed permitted under applicable law.